KaDeWe is an abbreviation for „Kaufhaus des Westens“ (Department Store of the West). It was built 1905 by Adolf Jandorf, who has already owned six department stores. In 1927 Jandorf sold the KaDeWe to Hermann Tietz. 1943 an American airplane crashed into the building destroying most of it.
1950 approx. 180 000 came to see the grand re-opening of the KaDeWe. The department store mainly sold fat and sausages.
Now it is the second largest department store in Europe . With approx. 380 000 different products the KaDeWe attracts about 50 000 visitors per day.
The sixth floor is dedicated to food and is famous for a wide variety of deli and beverages. The floor includes 30 gourmet counters which serve an array of fantastic food. Perfect for a quick lunch.
Your Metropolitan Limousines Team
Exclusive Limousine Service and Individual Tours in Berlin and Germany
opening hours: mon – thur 10 am – 8 pm , fri 10 am – 9 pm , sat 9:30 am – 8 pm